
Learning to sail is turning out to be a fairly high learning curve. So far a near collision with a powerboat (I did have the right of way, I looked it up). The guy came on a perfect collision course and would not give, I maneuvered and he did too, scary.
Getting in and out of the berth is a challenge. The boat goes where it wants in reverse. Very confusing. Near bumping another boat, whew.
Then yesterday while trying to tack and figure out the sails I put her aground. OMG tried powering her off but it didn't work. Took the boat hook and pushed her off. No damage (like water did not spurt up and hit me)
The rigging is still not set right, the wire on jib sheet is too short. Got to fix that and the main sheet is very worn. Planning to take her out to the sound with in the next few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment